Saturday, May 22, 2010

CFK: Community Day at Coors Field





So who says a “queen” does not get her hands dirty? Concerts for Kids has an annual Community Day in where they target children’s’ organizations and help them complete projects. My team was assigned to the Anchor Center for Blind Children. Our largest project was to stain their gazebo. Let me tell you, their facility is absolutely amazing! I felt really bad going into the building after I had stained myself orange from head to toe! I still have some stain underneath my nails J My team leaders were Denise and Dan who I met at the bowling tournament for Concerts for Kids. I also met some other great people who were as involved as I have been within volunteering in the community. It is wonderful to see young professionals working for a cause.

For more information about Concerts for Kids, visit: www.concertsforkids.org


0 comments:

Post a Comment