Saturday, April 17, 2010

North Carolina Walk to Defeat ALS



The ALS walk is very near and dear to my heart. After loosing my Great Aunt Peggy to this disease, my close friend and mentor Burns Smith was diagnosed. This year, I participated in the ALS Walk in Wilmington, N.C. I was apart of the Burns Beauties team and the event raised over $64,000! ALS also referred to as Lou Gehrig’s disease damaged the motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Currently, there is no way to prevent our cure this disease but a number of treatments are available to people with the disease. I received an email that the NC Health and Wellness Trust Fund has been cut. This strongly affects the monetary support for ALS research and development. If you are interested in advocating for this cause, please contact me via email. I have contacts for NC State Legislators and YOU can help secure funding in the future!

For further ALS information, visit:
(NC) www.catfishchapter.org (CO) www.alscolorado.org





0 comments:

Post a Comment